Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Final Self-Evaluation

REGARDING YOUR OWN PERFORMANCE
1. What were the three aspects of the assignments I've submitted that I am most proud of? The compendium reviews that I spent a great deal of time on, the quizzes that I improved on and finally received a 20/20 on one... :) ... and the labs.
2. What two aspects of my submitted assignments do I believe could have used some improvement? I'm not sure if I did the final lab completely right. I was getting a little tripped up on the last part of it, when I had to comment about how we've co-evolved.
3. What do I believe my overall grade should be for this unit? A
4. How could I perform better in the next unit? There is no next unit! :(


REGARDING THE UNIT (adapted from Stephen Brookfield, University of St. Thomas "Critical Incident Questionnaire")
At what moment during this unit did you feel most engaged with the course? The online labs. I love the hands on experiments.

At what moment unit did you feel most distanced from the course? Probably during the final lab. This was new to me, and I felt like I was a bit unsure of what I was doing. Also, sometimes, I had a hard time distinguishing what type of interaction it was.

What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit that find most affirming and helpful? Other students asking and answering questions on the NING network. I love that.

What action that anyone (teacher or student) took during this unit did you find most puzzling or confusing? None.

What about this unit surprised you the most? (This could be something about your own reactions to the course, something that someone did, or anything else that occurs to you.)
The final lab was much easier than the other three. A very pleasant surprise!

No comments: